With the birth of Louise Joy Brown in 1978, the phrase \”test-tube baby\” was created for the first time. Since then, it has carved itself into a successful domain in the field of reproduction and fertilization. To put it another way, a test-tube baby is a kid conceived outside of the mother\’s uterus. According to the Best Fertility Specialist In Delhi NCR, A test-tube baby is a child created by in vitro fertilization (IVF). IVF stands for in vitro fertilisation, where \”vitro\” refers to glass. In such circumstances, a female egg and sperm are combined outside the uterus in a glass jar for fertilisation.
There is no difference between IVF and test-tube infants. It\’s only that instead of referring to test-tube babies, physicians refer to them as IVF.
Test Tube Baby Procedure.
- Hormonal treatment is administered throughout the test tube baby procedure.
– Before the mother\’s eggs are collected, she is given hormone injections, such as gonadotropin, to allow the follicles to mature. The last stage is triggered by administering HCG 36 hours before the eggs are collected.
- Egg retrieval from the ovary- The mother\’s eggs are collected by the physicians while she is sedated. The retrieved eggs are then immediately transferred to the laboratory.
- On the same day that the eggs are harvested, sperm is acquired. The father or the donor is asked to provide a sample of sperm.
- Fertilization of the eggs and sperms- The eggs and sperm are mixed and then placed in an incubator. From within the incubator, the doctor monitors the embryo\’s progress.
- Embryo transfer– At this point, the embryos are transported into the mother\’s womb. It\’s important to make the uterus\’s environment appropriate for the seed\’s further growth. The uterine lining should be thickened, and progesterone is recommended for this.
When does this therapy become necessary?
Fallopian tube damage
A clogged or injured fallopian tube obstructs the fertilisation process. The fallopian tube is also the pathway via which the embryo enters the uterus. The embryo\’s progress is hindered by a scarred fallopian tube.
This is the proliferation of tissue outside the uterus\’s walls. Endometriosis disrupts the normal functioning of the uterus, fallopian tube, and ovaries.
The quantity of eggs generated by the ovary is decreased and of inferior quality as a result of any ovulating phase disruption. To facilitate fertilisation, you must have healthy eggs.
If you\’ve had your fallopian tubes ligated yet still wish to conceive. You have the option of undergoing IVF therapy.
Sperm count is low
Infertility can occur when a man is unable to create enough healthy sperm. The solution to this dilemma is a test tube baby.
Concerns about genetics
This therapy is given to parents to prevent genetic abnormalities from being passed on to their children.
Infertility due to an unknown cause-
If you haven\’t been able to conceive for whatever reason that hasn\’t been diagnosed. As a result, there is no treatment available to address the underlying problem. In such cases, a test tube baby may be considered.
Couples who have tried unsuccessfully for several years might explore this therapy. Our society\’s viewpoint is improving. It is in our best interests to abandon conservative approaches, regardless of what society would think if such a therapy is chosen. A simple reminder for all of us is that the test-tube baby is a blessing in today\’s world. When all other options have failed, there\’s a reason to embrace fatherhood. We should be able to accept that and select IVF therapy after all other options have failed. What matters, in the end, is the \”bundle of joy\” we bring home.
If you want to know more, Consult the fertility & IVF specialist In Greater Noida, Dr.Sonali Gupta.